- PGMA: RP a step closer to realizing its vision of energy independence
MANILA, Oct. 13 (PNA) -- With oil finally flowing from the Galoc oilfield off northwest Palawan, the Philippines has moved a step closer to realizing its vision of achieving energy independence, President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo said today.
- House approves P1.415-T national budget for 2009
MANILA, Oct. 13 (PNA) -- After a grueling two-week marathon plenary session, the House of Representatives approved on second reading around 3:34 a.m. Saturday the proposed P1.415-trillion General Appropriations Act (GAA) of 2009.
- RE bill passage would spur more investment to RP -US investor
MANILA, Oct. 13 (PNA) — An American investor on Sunday hailed the passage of the Renewable Energy (RE) bill since this would further spur more investment.
- PGMA says strong economic fundamentals make RP more resilient in face of global shocks
MANILA, Oct. 12 (PNA) -- Buttressed by strong economic fundamentals, the Philippines is more resilient than ever before and it will continue its economic growth even in the face of a feared global recession next year, President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo told about 150 top local and foreign business leaders this morning.
- Govt is optimistic to attain 60% energy independence with two years with Galoc oil extraction
MANILA, Oct. 12 (PNA) -– The government is optimistic to attain 60 percent energy self-sufficient within the next two years with the extraction of fresh oil from the Galoc oil field in the northwest offshore of Palawan.
- Gov't to work hard for continuing investments - PGMA
MANILA, Oct. 12 (PNA) – President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo on Friday said the government is committed to work hard for the continuing investment of domestic and international businessmen into the country.
- New law to bolster anti-corruption drive, lower cost of doing business in RP
MANILA, Oct. 12 (PNA) -- President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo said today she will sign into law a bill that would effectively lower transaction flows and the cost of doing business in the country, and bolster the fight against corruption and red tape.
- Economic expert says RP better prepared to face the effects of the global economic slowdown
ILOILO CITY, Oct. 12 (PNA) – The administration of President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo has ably prepared the Philippine economy to face the effects of the economic slowdown that is happening in the United States at present.
- Financial turmoil shows PGMA was right in instituting tough reforms, says Citicorp exec
NEW YORK CITY, Sept. 24 (PNA via PLDT) -– With the tough economic reforms instituted by President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo firmly in place, the Philippines will be able to breeze through the fallout of the current US financial turmoil, Citicorp CEO Bill Rhodes said yesterday.
- PGMA adviser seeks Php120-B deficit spending to cushion global recession
LEGAZPI CITY, Sept. 24 (PNA) – Albay governor Joey Sarte Salceda, President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo’s economic adviser, has sought Php120 billion deficit spending to cushion the impact of the global recession.
- U.S. firm wins bid for P5.6-B DMIA passenger terminal 2 project
CLARK FREEPORT, Pampanga Sept. 24 (PNA) -- An American firm technically won the P5.6 billion passenger terminal 2 project at the Diosdado Macapagal International Airport (DMIA) complex after passing the requirements during the bidding conducted here Monday.
- Nido Petroleum discovers oil and gas northwest of Palawan
MANILA, Sept. 24 (PNA) — The consortium headed by the Australian-based Nido Petroleum Philippines Ltd., has discovered oil in the Yakal-1 Well, in the Northwest Palawan basin.
- PGMA to hold bilateral meetings with leaders of 14 UN-member states
NEW YORK CITY, Sept. 24 (PNA) -- President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo held bilateral meetings with the leaders of 14 member-states of the United Nations on the sidelines of the 63rd UN General Assembly (UNGA) to foster Philippine relations with other nations.
- House creates special panel vs abuses in gov't spending
MANILA, Sept. 24 (PNA) -- A new sub-committee under the House Committee on Appropriations will be created that would monitor and assess the implementation of the General Appropriations Act (GAA) and "correct or even avert abuses of power" and exercise of discretion, particularly in the disbursement of government resources.
- Open election system to support Comelec for the full automated elections proposed
MANILA, Sept. 24 (PNA) -- An information technology expert introduced on Sunday the “open election system (OES),” stressing that there is need to support Commission on Elections (Comelec) in its bid to implement a full automation system this coming 2010 national elections and local elections to ensure orderly, honest and credible polls.
- PGMA confident that peace will finally come to Mindanao
MANILA, Sept. 24 (PNA) -- There will be peace in Mindanao, President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo said, as she described as a temporary setback in the peace process the renewed fighting that broke out in the region following the attacks on civilian populations by renegade forces of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF).